AFRUCA works in many ways to help promote the rights and welfare of African children. Our main areas of work are:
- Awareness raising and sensitization within African communities and among young Africans about children’s rights as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and other international conventions and UK legislation promoting the rights and welfare of children.
- Information, education, and advisory services to raise the profile of African children in the UK, increase awareness of their needs, improve policies and practices, and develop the leadership potential of young Africans. Activities include research and publishing reports; media work; conferences, seminars, workshops, and training programmers for policy makers, service providers, parents, faith and community leaders, young people; community meetings; advice and consultancy services.
- Advocacy and policy development working closely with policy makers to shape the development of policy and regulatory action to promote the welfare of children
- Community and international development in partnership with others to put in place programmers and projects to help relieve some of the suffering and hardship that African children experience
- Victim and Family Support Working to support individuals and families in crisis, at the point of breakdown through effective early intervention services.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'CPM' does not have a method 'load_footer_resources' in /home/afruca/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525